Thursday, January 28, 2010

ADD

I swear, my oldest daughter, Abby, is (or has, whichever is correct:)) ADD. Getting ready for school in the morning is an hour long process even though we've been at this drill for a year and a half now. "Put your pants on.... Put your socks on..... Put your shoes on..... Other shoe....." Each task is interrupted by a quick sketch on her notebook, or a quick play with her bear, or a quick narrative of her new book. We are all used to this routine, so it is not necessarily annoying. But today, she was particularly distracted which caused me to think, "Gosh is there something wrong with her? SHould we get her checked out? How is she doing in school?".  

As Daddy took Abby to school. I began my morning with Gigi and Livy. OK - get dressed. But first, check e-mail, then clean the kitchen. Oh, yes, bag up those items for goodwill. The baby needs to nurse and Gigi wants toast. OK - get dressed. But first, dress Gigi and put on a DVD. Then read an article in the paper about a dolphin expert. The baby's awake....

Needless to say, I'm still not dressed. Abby comes by ADD honestly and I think she'll be just fine:)

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

Cute background!

And Abby is her mommy's daughter, isn't she? :) Yes, she WILL be just fine.

xoxox
Nicole