Saturday, January 09, 2010

Lovely Livy


Livy - almost 10 wks
Time to talk about having baby #3. I was scared to have a third. We already had our hands full with an active and verbal 6 year old and a two year old (enough said). We also thought, wrongly, that we were blessed with two healthy, beautiful, talented, etc. kids - we were pushing our luck having another! But, as always God knew best. Livy has been a beautiful addition to our little family. Not only is she perfectly formed and healthy, but she is lovely just like here older sisters.

She has blessed our lives - all of us. I've seen Abby grow due to the love she feels for her tiny sister. She has taken to the Big Big sister roll beautifully.

And Gigi, well, she's still adjusting to being bumped from baby status. She is growing through a stage, which though challenging, is good for her.

And me - I'm a better mother now with three than with only one child. I remember having my first and being so scared to mess up. I was so afraid to ruin her that I was, at times, paralized and infantile. With my second, I was more mature and practiced. I was more confident in my parenting and put to use lessons learned parenting #1. And now with Livy, I'm enjoying the process of mothering.

My advice to new moms - Keep going, it gets better and easier.

No comments: